I signed up for courses online– FOR FREE!
I posted a little while ago about the fact that There are HUNDREDS of university courses that can be taken online, all for free!
If click the link above, it will take you to the post and at the bottom there will be a link, which will then show you what websites offer free online courses. The site I chose is coursera.org – Take the world’s best courses, online, for free. And I mean free! The course reading materials, for the classes I chose, anyway, are provided for us!
The classes I chose (for those who are interested) are:
- Provided by The University of Edinburgh
- Begins January 20, 2014 (5 weeks long)
- Workload: 1-2 hours/week
- Provided by the University of Pennsylvania
- Begins January 27, 2014 (10 weeks long)
- Workload: 4-8 hours/week
- Provided by the California Institute of the Arts
- Begins February 24, 2014 (8 weeks long)
- Workload: 2-4 hours/week
I’M SO EXCITED!
- Online Courses: A brief Overview (onlineeduprograms.wordpress.com)
- Coursera signs on 29 more schools to offer free online courses (venturebeat.com)
- How To Prepare For Online OR Classroom Courses (degreestudyinusa.blog.co.uk)
- UC experiments with online classes across campuses (sacbee.com)