Healthy Crock Pot Recipes
Chicken and Rice
- 3 cans Cream of chicken soup (or Chicken Broth)
- 2 cups Uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or breast tenders
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. paprika
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- Optional: when serving, top with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese
- Combine soup, rice and water in crock pot
- Add chicken; sprinkle with salt, paprika and pepper. Sprinkle celery over chicken, or put everything into zip-lock bag and shake.
- Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
Makes 4 servings.
Thirteen – Bean and Ham Soup
- 13 Bean soup mix
- 3 cups chopped ham from a picnic shoulder or 1 meaty ham hock
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Dash fresh ground pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Water to fill pot three-fourths full
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Wash beans thoroughly before placing in the crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on LOW 8 hours.
- Add water if needed as beans begin to soften and absorb it.
Crockpot Barbecue Chicken
- 3 frozen, skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Pour barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks and stir.
White Bean and Turkey Sausage Soup
- 1 lb. bag great northern beans
- 2 cups diced or shredded carrots
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced onion (1 medium)
- 1 pkg. (14-16 oz.) smoked turkey sausage, diced
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Combine soaked beans and remaining ingredients in crock pot and cover with water.
- Turn on LOW and leave to cook for 12 hours.
- After 8 hours, mash about half the beans, stir well. Cook for a few hours more.
- After 12 hours of cooking, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 oz.) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Cook ground turkey in heavy skillet until brown and drain.
- Mix all ingredients except cornstarch and water.
- Put in crock pot on LOW 6 to 7 until vegetables are tender.
- Turn to HIGH.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth and add to chili; stirring well.
- Uncover and cook for 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
Texas Beef Barbeque
- 1 4 lb. boneless beef sirloin tip roast
- 1 can (5.5 oz.) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 16 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half, place in 5 quart slow cooker.
- Combine the V8 juice, water, vinegar, ketchup, sauce, brown sugar, and seasonings; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook LOW 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with 2 forks; return to slow cooker and heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each roll.
1 sandwich = 339 calories, 8g. fat (2g. saturated), 60 mg. cholesterol, 606 mg. sodium, 39g. carb., 1g. fiber, 27g. protein
Italian-Style Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lb. raw ground turkey
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can of Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained with juice reserved
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Cut just the tops off peppers and remove seeds and ribs from inside.
- in a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, cooked rice, 1/2 of the can of chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, parmesan cheese, egg and spices.
- Mix well until evenly combined.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and place into crock pot, stuffed side up.
- Pour chicken broth and remaining canned tomatoes with juice over and around peppers.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5-6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.