By Gav on January 8, 2013
Alan Watts (1915-1973) was an English philosopher and writer who played a large part in popularising Zen Buddhism in the west. He gained a wide following after moving to the United States where he published numerous books on Zen and Eastern philosophy. During the 60s and 70s he toured extensively on the college lecture circuit and became a celebrity among the growing youth movement. Watts had over 25 books published and recorded over 400 lectures, many of which have found a new audience on YouTube
This is another example of my readers educating me. I had never heard of Alan Watts before so thanks to everyone who suggested I look into him and adapt one of his quotes.
– Watch the great YouTube video this quote was taken from.
– There’s a ton of Alan Watts stuff on YouTube, some of his lectures have even been animated by Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
– You can also get an Alan Watts app for the iPhone containing all his lectures.
– The official Alan Watts website.
– I’m finally on Google+, check out the new Zen Pencils page.