This is one that hits home.
Please sign our petition to make texting and driving a primary offense in the state of Florida. Together, we can influence Florida legislation to save more lives and make our roads a safer place for everyone.
On November 7th, 2014, a distracted driver killed my son, Anthony Branca. Anthony was only 19 years old. He was killed because someone else chose to make driving less than important. In an instant, Anthony was gone.
- Distracted driving is the leading cause of death among teenagers (surpassing drunk driving) and the numbers are trending upward.
- Distracted driving crashes made up more than 12 percent of all crashes in Florida in 2015.
- Drivers text-messaging or visibly manipulating handheld devices increased from 1.7% in 2013 to 2.2% in 2014.
Currently, it is only a secondary offense to text & drive in the state of Florida. Meaning, you must be doing something else illegal (like speeding or running a red light) for a law enforcement officer to pull you over for texting & driving.
We need help from our elected officials to enact a primary offense law that prevents senseless road tragedies from occurring to other families.
The Anthony Phoenix Branca Foundation was created in memory of Anthony. We’re starting a revolution to end distracted driving… We’re waging war and building a #BandanaArmy of citizens to help us end distracted driving, #BecauseAnthony. Join the fight, visit our website.
Greg Robinson has over 27 years experience in the Fitness Industry. He is am certified in Personal Training, Strength Training, Aerobics, Nutrition, Weight Loss and CPR Certified.
For most of his career, he has taught multiple classes in commercial gyms (including Extreme Body Sculpt and Extreme Core) while also doing personal training. He recently relocated from the east coast to Arizona and has decided to focus all his energy on Personal Training.
Nothing beats one-on-one workouts. With him, there is no waiting in line for a piece of equipment – a one-hour workout remains a one-hour workout. To learn more, click here.
Planned Parenthood clinics attacked
On Friday, a heavily armed man, who appears to be a conservative extremist, opened fire in a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado, killing three people and injuring nine others.1
This deadly assault is not an aberration.2
Since August, anti-abortion extremists, among them congressional Republicans, have used deceptively edited, secretly recorded videos to launch a full-scale attack on Planned Parenthood. In that time, there have also been at least five other reported attacks against Planned Parenthood clinics.3 The FBI has been warning about increased attacks on reproductive health care facilities since September.4
Congressional Republicans, whose false, incendiary rhetoric demonizes Planned Parenthood doctors and patients, have done nothing about these attacks while continuing to attack women’s health care. It’s time for the Department of Justice to step in.
There is a long history of violence against reproductive health care providers, especially those who perform abortions, by fanatics who want to intimidate women and close clinics, including at least 42 bombings, 182 arsons, 99 attempted bombings and arsons and 662 bomb threats between 1977 and 2014.5
This violence is a result of extreme right-wing rhetoric that shames and patronizes women, lies about health care providers and positions politicians as the arbiters of women’s decisions about their bodies and their lives.
The despicable attacks on Planned Parenthood are not just acts of hatred but of domestic terrorism, meant to injure, harass and intimidate women, their families and their health care providers — and the Department of Justice should treat them as such. That’s why we’re joining with our friends at NARAL, Courage Campaign and UltraViolet to demand an investigation now.
Thanks for standing up for women.
- “Gunman kills officer, two others at Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado,” Sandhya Somashekhar, Lindsey Bever and Jerry Markon, Washington Post, 11/27/2015.
- “Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Made Comment About ‘No More Baby Parts’: Sources,” Pete Williams and Andrew Blankstein, NBCNews.com, 11/28/2015.
- “Four Arsons in 74 Days at Planned Parenthood Clinics,” Bill Morlin, Southern Poverty Law Center, 10/2/2015.
- “FBI warns of threat to reproductive health care facilities,” CBSnews.com, 9/18/2015.
- National Abortion Federation Violence and Disruption Statistics